Now that I have the job of stocking up on baby gear for the twinsers (3 months to go!!) I realize how much I’ve forgotten. And this is from the person who used to be able to recite the Baby Bargains book by heart.
(New moms: Baby Bargains = the consumer reports of baby crap. If this is your first time around the block, don’t set foot into a Baby Superstore without your copy.)
So before amnesia sets in, I’m documenting my 5 favorite things to make your life with toddlers easier. Hope it helps you!
1. Graco Nautilus 3-in-1 Car Seat
POUNDS: 20-100 pounds
They should call this “THE LAST CAR SEAT YOU’LL EVER HAVE TO BUY!!”
As soon as your little one can move into a forward-facing carseat, buy this one.
We made the mistake of going from the infant car seat to the Britax to this.
We could have skipped the Britax altogether and gone straight to this bad boy. Young toddlers will feel like total hotshots with this seat’s built-in cup holders and secret compartments perfect for stashing LEGOs and Hotwheels. And when your toddler turns into a preschooler (overnight), voila — here’s your new booster, friend.
2. Bumkins Waterproof SuperBibs
Why don’t I ever hear moms complain about how hard it is to find a bib that:
– Doesn’t soak through
– Doesn’t deteriorate the first couple of times through the wash
– Kids don’t rip off easily
– Isn’t so tight that it strangles your kid
– Doesn’t completely suck?
I have no idea. But I do know that these bibs lasted us through two toddlers in a row, and I think there are still some up in the attic waiting for rounds 3 and 4.
3. Multi-layered mattress protection
The best part, of course, is the product shot.
When your little Houdini graduates from the crib to the bed (we went straight to twin beds at around 18 months for both boys), you’ll want to do everything you can to protect their new twin mattresses.
Because as far as I’m concerned, they’ll be using these mattresses until they move out.
Here’s your twin bed setup:
- First the Vinyl Zippered Mattress Cover from Target. It zips around the entire mattress.
- Then a regular quilted cotton mattress pad like this one.
- Then the waterproof sheet protector as demonstrated by our lovely model. (This way if there is an accident during the night, or god forbid a stomach bug, you might luck out and only have to change this layer and up of bedding.)
- Then the fitted sheet. (Unlike our fine model above, I put the sheet protector under the fitted sheet.)
4. Ergorapido Ion Bagless Coordless Stick and Hand Vac by Electrolux
Keep it in or near your kitchen (I’m still trying to find the perfect place to conceal it but have it close enough to make it easy to use). If I used this after every meal, my floor would never be as disgusting as it is this morning.
Note: I had an earlier model of this vacuum and can say that the Ion battery version makes all the difference.
BONUS: Use the code to the left to get 20% off all of their sites
I’ve been using these guys since they launched and they keep getting more awesome. I always get free, next day delivery, and their customer service is amazing.
I’ve use them for monthly diapers & wipes (they sell Kirkland brand wipes, which are awesome), sippy cups, cases of baby food, baby wash, books/toys. And for fun you can always throw in a tube of fancy mascara, laundry detergent, or throw pillows from one of their sister sites.
They also now offer a Baby Registry, which is WORLDS above the baby superstores since shipping is FREE as long as you order is over $49. And what better incentive for your gift giver to put that money toward your gift instead of the outrageous shipping Babies R Us and Buy Buy Baby charge. Really, I hate those stores.
So those are my faves. What are yours?
This post contains affiliate links.